Friday, May 17, 2013

This Week in Rankings


In finally made it out to see an actual 2013 movie this week, the rather lackluster adaptation of The Great Gatsby by Baz Luhrmann. Other than that, I haven't accomplished much of anything. I did make a list over at letterboxd of all 135 movies we played over 129 weeks at Metro Classics from 2007-2011. As surveys of film history go, one could do a lot worse than trying to watch all of those movies.

Not a lot opening in Seattle this week, other than the big mess that is the Seattle International Film Festival. Ken Loach's The Angels' Share is playing in Tacoma, but I'll be making my way into the city to see Jacques Rivette's Le Pont du Nord at the Northwest Film Forum.

These are the films I watched and rewatched over the last week, and where they place on by year-by-year rankings, with links to my letterboxd reviews. Note that I'm not using the imdb date for Mama, which is incorrect.

Lonesome (Paul Fejos) - 4, 1928
The Moderns (Alan Rudolph) - 7, 1988
Mama (Zhang Yuan) - 11, 1990

Tale of Cinema (Hong Sangsoo) - 11, 2005
Chacun son cinĂ©ma (Various) - 24, 2007
607 (Liu Jiayin) - 7, 2010
The Great Gatsby - Baz Luhrmann) - 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment