Friday, October 18, 2013

VIFF 2013: They Shot Pictures Recap Podcast


Part of my on-going coverage of VIFF 2013. Here is an index.

In addition to writing here at The End about the movies I saw at the Vancouver International Film Festival this year, I am also podcasting about them on They Shot Pictures, an auteur-focused show I co-host with my pal Seema. She went to the Toronto Film Festival this year and we recorded two episodes comparing our experiences (well, it was one really long episode that we split in half). Part One is available now, in which we talk about the movies we both saw:

Tsai Ming-liang’s Stray Dogs
Hong Sangsoo’s Our Sunhi
Ben Russell and Ben Rivers’s A Spell to Ward Off the Darkness
Mark Peranson and Raya Martin’s La última película
Jia Zhangke’s A Touch of Sin
Miguel Gomes’s Redemption
João Pedro Rodrigues’s The King’s Body
Johnnie To’s Blind Detective

I'll update this post in a couple of days when Part Two goes live.

No comments:

Post a Comment